Fashion made & presented in Berlin
The success story of the fashion industry in Berlin began in 2003 with the fashion fairs Bread & Butter and Premium. Fashion and the Berlin Fashion Week itself are subject to constant change. The Berlin Fashion Week will take place in the period from January 16th to 21st, 2023 with two trade fairs, eight larger formats as well as more than 25 fashion shows and many additional receptions. With the success of the fashion week, the value chain of the fashion sector has also become significantly more compact.
Almost 4,800 companies are active in the fashion sector in the capital. Sales in the fashion industry were recently around 5 billion euros. At the same time, the number of employees rose to 25,500. In addition, 10 fashion schools ensure that there are future generations of designers. Fashion and Berlin also go so well together because Berlin has a lively and internationally radiating creative landscape in music, film, fashion and art, whose genres stimulate each other.
How does the state of Berlin promote the development of Berlin as a fashion location?
- Concept competition for Berlin Fashion Week
- Fashion show slots for Berlin fashion labels as part of Berlin Fashion Week
- Poster campaigns and advertisements (national/international) as part of the Berlin Fashion Week
- Berlin Showroom: Joint presentations of Berlin fashion labels at Paris Fashion Week
- #DigitalFashionFuture: Digitization of business processes in fashion companies
- Showroom Map: a digital map lists over 100 Berlin fashion labels with digital ordering and collection options
- A-Gain Guide: a digital guide with numerous recommendations for upcycling used clothing
- Front - The Berlin Fashion Hub: Contact point for the topics of sustainability and innovation
Selection of other suitable funding programmes open to all sectors:
- Within the framework of the Design Transfer Bonus Programme, cooperations with companies can be subsidised with up to 15,000 euros.
- Unbureaucratic micro-loans from Investitionsbank Berlin up to 25,000 euros
- Coaching services from the Coaching Bonus programme
- Loan programmes such as the Berlin Kredit Innovativ programme
- Participations of the VC Fonds Kreativwirtschaft