Fashion made & presented in Berlin
The success story of the fashion industry in Berlin began in 2003 with the fashion fairs Bread & Butter and Premium. Fashion as well as the Berlin Fashion Week itself are subject to constant change. Realigned, the spring/summer season of Berlin Fashion Week will take place in the period 06-12.09.2021 with more than 10 larger formats and many additional events.
With the success of the Fashion Week, the value chain of the fashion sector has also become much more concentrated. Nearly 3,100 companies are active in the fashion sector in the capital. The turnover of the fashion industry was recently 6.3 billion euros. At the same time, the number of employees rose to 25,400. In addition, 10 fashion schools provide for the next generation of designers.
Fashion and Berlin also go together so well because Berlin has a lively and internationally radiant creative landscape in music, film, fashion and art, whose genres mutually stimulate each other.
How does the state of Berlin promote the development of Berlin as a fashion location?
Fashion-specific, also corona-related funding:
- For the reorientation of Berlin Fashion Week, the state has made 3.5 million euros available for 2021 alone, which will be used to co-finance additional location marketing measures and up to 8 larger formats per season.
- Around 1 million euros were given to Berlin fashion labels in the form of interest-free loans as part of the Corona Aid for Fashion programme.
- In addition, this year Fashion Positions is part of the Berlin Fashion Week, 20 Berlin fashion labels are represented there.
- In 2021, the state will support the digitalisation of business processes at fashion labels with a further 100,000 euros #DigitalFashionFuture
- A digital map lists around 100 Berlin designers and fashion labels with websites/ordering and pick-up options
Selection of other suitable funding programmes open to all sectors:
- Within the framework of the Design Transfer Bonus Programme, cooperations with companies can be subsidised with up to 15,000 euros.
- Unbureaucratic micro-loans from Investitionsbank Berlin up to 25,000 euros
- Coaching services from the Coaching Bonus programme
- Loan programmes such as the Berlin Kredit Innovativ programme
- Participations of the VC Fonds Kreativwirtschaft