Future Fashion: Smart Wearable – Facts & Figures
Berlin x Wearables!
More than 50 companies in Berlin are already developing applications for smart wearables, including ElektroCouture, Newsenselab, Trafopop, Tune Innovations, Kobakant and Moon Berlin as well as rising stars VOJD Studios and Stil. By organising competitions and offering prize money (Smart wearables competition/ CreativeTechnology competition in 2015) and an accelerator programme on smart wearables and smart textiles, the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Enterprises, contributes to increasing the potential of smart wearables applications in Berlin.
Want to learn more about wearables and smart textiles?
Trade fairs in Berlin relating to the wearables industry:
Incubators/ competitions/ conferences
- Design Research Lab/ Connected Textiles
- Telekom Hubraum
- Fashion Fusion competition by Telekom AG
- Accelerator programme of the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises/ Atomleap GmbH
- FashionTech Conference, Berlin
- Conhit Messe, Berlin
- Heartbeat Labs GmbH
- Fraunhofer IZM, Berlin/ Abt. Smart Sensor Systems
- Fraunhofer IAP, Potsdam/ Synthetics electronics
- Technische Universität Berlin, Faculty for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- IRIS Adlershof
- Innovation Network for Advanced Materials (INAM)
- Professional Wearables Network (ProWear) at HTW
- WearIT Hub
- GEOkomm/ Registered association for the geoinformatics industry Berlin/Brandenburg e.V.