CALL FOR APPLICATION: BERLIN SHOWROOM A/W 2023
Berlin Showroom presents together with the Austrian Fashion Association in the common DACH showroom during the Fashion Week in Paris - this time with a new concept.
About Berlin Showroom
Berlin Showroom is the destination to discover leading fashion design from Berlin. Berlin Showroom bi-annually presents the best of German fashion to international buyers and press providing a unique opportunity for groundbreaking and cutting-edge designers to promote themselves outside Berlin.
Berlin Showroom was initiated by Projekt Zukunft / Berlin’s Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises. It is largely financed by the programme ‘Opening up New Markets’ and the EFRE fund. The joint presentation is realised by IDZ Designpartner Berlin GmbH in cooperation with Arne Eberle press+sales and the Regional initiative Projekt Zukunft.
What is new?
- The showroom follows a new presentation concept with the character of an exhibition, with the aim of creating a special shopping experience
- The main focus should be a room-spanning installation with 1-2 looks from each label
- each label also has a pole with the 15 strongest pieces
- There's another 20-piece pole in the backstage that's used in appointments and
- Interest is shown
- An open to the public concept is planned, as well as several small events such as DJ/live act/presentation tbd
- expected new location in the Marais on Rue Pastourelle
A few years ago we had an additional event for the showroom, which serves as a bit of inspiration for the new concept: vimeo.com/192682574
Labels based in Berlin can now apply to take part in the showroom. The showroom is planed for the period from 03.03. - 06.03.23.
The application deadline is Friday, January 6th, 2023. Apply now! Application link:https://www.berlinshowroom.com/application/
- Applicants must be based in Berlin
- Applicants’ work must have commercial viability
- Applicants need to have manufacturing capability
- The collection should consist of womenswear, menswear or accessories